Core Skills Development: Quick Guide
Description of Lessons:
Core Skills Development lessons are ongoing once-weekly, private 15-minute lessons that are designed to help foster your child’s confidence and practice their Kick-Flip-Kick technique. As their skills become more fluid and efficient, we begin to introduce exercises that improve breath, buoyancy, and balance in the water. Safety in and around the water continues to be a strong theme during these lessons.
Students are enrolled in these lessons until
- Your student advances beyond the expertise of their instructor
- Your student needs to transfer to a different lesson day or time
- Lessons are requested to be discontinued (see our discontinuation policy below)
Upon achieving the goals of Core Skills Development lessons children advance to Stroke Development lessons. These are scheduled in the afternoons between 3 and 6pm.
Students under the age of four years are required to wear reusable swim undies when in the pool regardless of their potty-training status.
Lesson Cancellations or Pool Closures by The Swim School of Denver:
- Unforeseen facility closures
- Severe weather conditions
- Instructor absence without availability of a substitute instructor
If one of the above events happens, we will immediately send a text and email to all families affected by the closure or cancellation. Families will have a choice of a credit or makeup token for the missed lesson. It is your responsibility to respond to the email within 30 days making us aware of your preference. If you have already advance cancelled your lesson, you will automatically receive a makeup token.
Remember, we are closed in observance of various holidays throughout the year. We will post these in our email signature and in the news and announcements section of the Customer Portal. Your bill will be automatically prorated for holiday closures and you will not need to inform us of an expected absence during these outlined times.
Cancellations or Lessons Missed by Students:Excused Absences:
If you need to cancel a scheduled lesson, you must provide 24 hours advanced notice of your absence to be eligible for a makeup token. You may provide notice through
We do not issue makeup tokens for missed lessons without a 24-hour advanced notice. If you are unable to attend lessons for any reason, please give us as much advance notice as possible.
Not showing up without an explanation or 24-hour advance notice is an unexcused absence. Unexcused absences are not eligible for a makeup and we do not offer credits or refunds for missed lessons.
Makeup tokens are issued in the Customer Portal after an absence has occured and attendance has been recorded. You will receive an email notification once a makeup token is issued. This email will include our full makeup policies as well as directions on how to schedule a makeup online through the Customer Portal. The Customer Portal reflects the most up-to-date availability for makeup lessons. All makeup tokens are subject to our makeup policies as follows:
- Makeup lessons may only be scheduled up to one week in advance
- Makeup tokens are valid for three months (90 days) from the date the token is issued (this is the day you missed your lesson)
- You MUST be currently enrolled in lessons to be eligible for a makeup lesson. If you drop your enrollment, your makeup tokens will be invalidated and no longer available for use.
- Makeup tokens are student-specific and non-transferable between students
- If you miss your scheduled makeup lesson you MAY NOT reschedule nor will your token be reinstated
- A no-show/no cancel student is not eligible for a makeup lesson
- Makeup lessons are a courtesy, not a guarantee
Billing, Tuition, Discontinuing Lessons & Refunds:
Stroke Development lessons are billed monthly. We will email your statement for the month on or about the 25th of the previous month. We charge your credit card on the first for that month's tuition.
Any ongoing enrollments made after the first of the month are billed and credit cards are charged at the time of enrollment.
Any outstanding balances left after the fifth of the month will be charged an additional $25 late payment fee. All families are required to have a current credit card on file.
If you would like to discontinue your swim lessons, please complete a drop request through our Customer Portal or by sending an email to email@example.com on or before the 20th of the month letting us know you would like to discontinue your enrollment. Your student's lessons will automatically conclude on the last day of the month. Any makeup tokens on your account will no longer be valid after the last day of your student's lessons.
Drop requests received after the 20th of the month will be charged tuition for the following month, regardless of attendance.
We do not offer any refunds.
Please stay home if your child is feeling unwell:
If your child has been experiencing any of the following, we ask that you do not bring your child to swim lessons.
- Has had more than two episodes of diarrhea within 24 hours
- Has a fever (not associated with teething)
- Is lethargic
- Has Vomited
- Has been diagnosed with a contagious illness such as pink eye, croup, strep, or hand, foot and mouth disese
- Host stayed home from school
- Has had symptoms of illness within the last 24 hours
If you are unsure, follow the advice of your child's doctor about when to return to lessons. Please inform your child's instructor if your child is not feeling 100%.
DO NOT bring a sick sibling with you to your student's lesson.