Underwater Explorer Camps
During our Underwater Explorer camps, our expert SSI instructors will lead participants through experiential hands-on learning. Children participating will learn about ocean ecology and environmental stewardship all the while learning how to explore these water environments safely.
Each participant receives the SSI Explorers Manual which starts by introducing children to the importance of protecting and preserving our oceans by becoming a Blue Oceans Explorer. After learning why our oceans are important and how they can help protect them, students earn their Blue Oceans Explorer recognition rating. They will then move on to learning all there is to know about snorkeling equipment and snorkeling in a confined water environment. Once all skills are completed, students will earn their Snorkel Explorer rating.
Once students have earned their Blue Ocean and Snorkel Explorer ratings, they are ready to move on to Mermaid Explorers, Freediving Explorers and Scuba Explorers!
Recognitions Earned: Blue Oceans & Snorkel Explorers
Recommended Ages: 7 to 11 years old
Experience Needed: Students must be able to swim at least 25 yards independently wtihout the use of any swim aids
Camp Dates: December 19, 20 and 21 from 8:45am until 12:00pm
- Use of all necessary equipment
- SSI Explorers Manual & sticker set
- Expert instruction with our certified SSI Explorer Instructors
- Snorkel Training Form
- SSI Medical Statement and Guidelines (If you answer "yes" to any of the questions asked, the physician's release must also be filled out by a qualified physician, using the WRSTC Medical Guidelines)
Cancellation Policy: Due to the unique nature of our camps, we have a strict cancellation policy as follows -
- Cancellations made with at least 5 days written notice will be refunded the full amount paid
- Cancellations made less than 5 days prior to the camp start date will not be refunded or credited unless we are able to fill your spot with another student
- Absences: In the event your student is absent during any portion of camp, no refunds or credits will be issued.